You can submit an application using EP eService.
Processing time: Processed or given an update within 10 business days.
How to apply
Candidates do not need to be in Singapore when you apply.
- Get a written consent to apply for S Pass from the candidate.
- Complete the candidate’s form. It contains information you’ll need for the application and can be sent to the candidate to fill in.
- Submit the S Pass application and upload the required documents. Select the option to be considered for both the EP and the S Pass.
- Pay the $105 fee by GIRO, Visa, Mastercard or Amex.
How to check your application status
You may check your application status online after 10 business days.
If your application is still pending after 10 business days, please check your email for our request of additional documents.
If additional information or documents are required:
- Your processing time may take longer than 10 working days.
- You will need to submit the documents. Click on ‘Work Passes’ on the left menu > Choose the application record > Select ‘Submit documents’. Alternatively, select ‘View details’ to see the action required from you.
- Otherwise, our email will inform you to submit them using our online form.
If the pass is approved
- Print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter
- Send the pass holder's copy of the IPA to the candidate.
- Is a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore. It gives the candidate 60 days to enter Singapore and get their pass issued.
- States whether the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after they arrive in Singapore.
You need to complete these steps to prepare for your candidates’ arrival in Singapore.
You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved, as we will not be able to extend their visit pass.
Before candidate's arrival
- Buy medical insurance, work injury compensation insurance (if applicable) and Primary Care Plan (for those staying in dormitories or work in Construction, Marine shipyard or Process sectors) for them.
Upon candidate's arrival
- Send them for medical examination by a Singapore-registered doctor, if applicable.
When: Within 60 days of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when you carry out these steps to get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP eService and provide the required information and documents.
- Pay the $100 fee for each pass issued using GIRO, Visa, Mastercard or Amex.
- Once the pass is issued, the candidate and you will both receive the notification letter by email. The notification letter is valid for 1 month from the date of issue and:
- Allows the candidate to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to have their fingerprints and photo taken for the card registration.
What you'll need
You will need the following information to get the pass issued:
- Candidate's passport details
- Candidate’s Singapore contact details
- Candidate’s medical insurance details
- Candidate's completed medical examination form. If certified fit to work, buy the Primary Care Plan for those who are required to have it.
- Candidate’s work injury compensation insurance details
- Candidate's current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass details
- Candidate's Singapore residential address, which must meet the housing requirements for you to get the pass issued.
- Singapore residential or office address to receive the candidate’s card
- Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number / FIN / passport number)
You may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Candidate’s passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
- Completed medical examination form or medical declaration form
- Completed declaration form (attached to the candidate's in-principle approval letter). The employer’s declaration of the form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or an employee holding at least a managerial position.
If you need more time to get the pass issued as your candidates are waiting for their medical results, you can extend their STVP. Submit this request within 1 week before the STVP expires
and upload the doctor's memo stating the medical results collection date.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
When: Within 1 week after the pass is issued
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo.
If required, the candidate needs to complete registration within 1 week after the pass is issued.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
For the appointment, the candidate should bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
When: Within 5 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address within 5 working days after the candidate registers and gets document verified.
If the candidate does not have to register, we will deliver the card within 5 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
Your employer or employment agent can also check the card delivery details.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After 2 unsuccessful deliveries, the candidate or an authorised person can collect the card at
MOM Services Centre – Hall C after 3 working days. They do not need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport.
- Notification letter.
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorised letter from the employer.
- NRIC or passport for verification.