Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for S Pass from the candidate.
- Watch our video to help you enter the candidate’s educational details correctly in the application.
- Log in to myMOM Portal to fill out the application and upload the required documents. Select the option to be considered for both the EP and the Pass.
- Pay the $105 fee for each application by GIRO, VISA or MasterCard.
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 60 days to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued. It also states if the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singapore.
You need to complete these steps to prepare for your candidates’ arrival in Singapore.
Before your candidates arrive
- Submit an entry application to bring them into Singapore.
- Buy medical insuranceand work injury compensation insurance(if applicable) for them.
When your candidates arrive
- Ensure they comply with the relevant entry approval and Stay-Home Notice (SHN) requirements.
- After completing SHN, send them for medical examination by a Singapore-registered doctor, if applicable.
From 15 March 2021, newly-arrived Work Permit and S Pass holders in the construction, marine shiyard and process sectors who are entering Singapore from higher-risk countries or regions will complete their SHN, medical examination and Settling-In Programme at the Migrant Worker Onboarding Centre
When: Within 60 days of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when you carry out these steps to get the pass issued:
- Log in to myMOM Portal and provide the required information and documents.
- Pay the $100 fee for each pass issued using GIRO, VISA or MasterCard.
- Once the pass is issued, the candidate and you will both receive the notification letter by email.
The notification letter:
- Allows the candidate to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to have their fingerprints and photo taken for the card registration.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If the candidate needs more time to complete the card registration procedures, you can request to extend the validity of the notification letter.
What you'll need
You will need the following information to get the pass issued:
- Candidate's passport details
- Candidate’s Singapore contact details
- Candidate’s medical insurance details
- Candidate’s work injury compensation insurance details
- Candidate's current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass details
- Candidate's Singapore residential address, which must meet the housing requirements for you to get the pass issued.
- Singapore residential or office address to receive the candidate’s card
- Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number / FIN / passport number)
You may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Candidate’s passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
- Completed medical examination form or medical declaration form
- Completed declaration form (attached to the candidate's in-principle approval letter). The employer’s declaration of the form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or an employee holding at least a managerial position.
If you need more time to get the pass issued as your candidates are waiting for their medical results, you can extend their STVP. Submit this request within 1 week before the STVP expires
and upload the doctor's memo stating the medical results collection date.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
When: Within 1 week after the pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit MOM Services Centre – Hall C. They need to register within 1 week after the pass is issued.
The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
From 15 March 2021, newly-arrived Work Permit and S Pass holders in the construction, marine shipyard and process sectors who are entering Singapore from higher-risk countries or regions will complete their SHN, medical examination and Settling-In Programme at the Migrant Worker Onboarding Centre
Workers who have completed biometric work pass registration at Punggol MWOC will not need to visit MOM Services Centre Hall C for registration.
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets document verified.
If the candidate does not have to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at
MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport.
- Notification letter.
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorised letter from the employer.
- NRIC or passport for verification.