To promote fair employment practices and improve labour market transparency, employers submitting S Pass applications must first advertise the job on MyCareersFuture, and consider all candidates fairly.
Fair Consideration Framework (FCF)
The Fair Consideration Framework (FCF) sets out the requirements for all employers in Singapore to consider candidates fairly for job opportunities. Employers should not discriminate candidates based on non-job related characteristics such as age, sex, nationality or race.
All employers in Singapore are expected to adhere to the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices.
Accuracy of advertisement
The advertisement should clearly explain the job requirements and salary offered to attract the right candidates.
We will reject any S Pass applications linked to advertisements that are discriminatory or do not represent the job accurately:
- The advertisement must not contain discriminatory words or phrases - see examples.
- The job advertised must match the occupation in the S Pass application.
- The employer submitting the S Pass application must be the same as the one in the job advertisement.
- The salary offered must be clear, specific, and consistent. Therefore the salary range advertised:
- Must be visible to all candidates and cannot be hidden.
- Cannot be too broad. The maximum salary cannot exceed two times of the minimum salary.
- Must contain the salary offered to the S Pass candidate.
- If you are using an advertisement for multiple S Pass applications, the total number of S Pass applications cannot exceed the number of vacancies in the advertisement.
Duration of advertisement
The MyCareersFuture job advertisement must be open for at least 14 consecutive days to allow job seekers to view and apply for the vacancy. This also applies if you repost an advertisement that has closed.
You must post a new advertisement if you change any advertisement details such as job title, salary or number of vacancies. You must keep it open for at least another 14 consecutive days before you can submit the S Pass application. This is to ensure that job seekers are aware of the updated job details and have a chance to apply for it.
Job advertisements that have expired for more than 3 months or closed for more than 3 months, cannot be used for S Pass applications. You must advertise the vacancy again to reach out to other job seekers.
Exemption from advertising requirement
All employers must practise fair hiring even if their job vacancies can be exempted from advertising on MyCareersFuture.
For practical reasons, you are not required to advertise on MyCareersFuture if you meet any of the following requirements:
- Your company has fewer than 10 employees.
- The fixed monthly salary for the vacancy is $22,500 and above.
- The vacancy is short-term, i.e. not more than 1 month.
- The role is to be filled by a local transferee.
- The role you are applying for was filled by an existing employee within your company.
Are you exempted from advertising requirements?
- Yes, you are exempted if the position is being filled by an existing employee that is transferring from another related branch, subsidiary, or affiliate in Singapore.