At a glance
When to renew
You can start renewing up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must renew before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
What is the duration of the renewed pass
Up to 3 years.
Note: If the passport is valid for less than 3 years, the duration granted will only be up to 1 month before the expiry date of the passport.
How much it costs
$100 per renewal
Note: From 1 April 2019, we adjusted the application and issuance/renewal fees for Employment Pass, S Pass, Work Permit and other passes.
How long it takes
Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you’ll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you must apply for a new pass.
From 1 January 2019, the qualifying salary criteria for S Pass has increased to $2,300.
Existing S Pass holders whose passes expire:
||1 Jan to 30 Jun 2019
||From 1 Jul 2019 onwards
||Up to 1 year, based on eligibility criteria before 1 Jan 2019.
||Up to 3 years, based on eligibility criteria after 1 Jan 2019.
To renew an S Pass:
- The pass holder has to meet the existing eligibility requirements.
- The pass holder’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- You must have sufficient S Pass quota for your sector.
How to renew
Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you must:
- Print out the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter in EP Online. It is valid for 60 days.
- Follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.
You must complete these steps before the S Pass expires.
If the new S Pass is issued after the current one expires, levy penalties or overstaying fine, or both, may be imposed.
You still need to pay levy throughout this period.
The S Pass will start when the current pass expires.
After the pass is issued
After the pass is issued, print and check the notification letter to see:
|If notification letter states
||The existing card
|Getting a new card.
||Must be returned according to instruction given in the notification letter.
|Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by the pass holder.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
If you need to return the card to MOM, you can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online's "card return" function to tell us why you are unable to return the card.
When returning the work pass card, do not:
- Deface, cut up or punch holes into it.
- Tape the card onto a letter.
- Glue or tape multiple cards together.