Skip to main content

Renew an S Pass

You can apply to renew an S Pass if you want the pass holder to continue working for you. This is provided you still meet the quota and other requirements.

At a glance

When to renew

You can start renewing up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must renew before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.

Who can renew Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
What is the duration of the renewed pass

Up to 3 years.

Note: If the passport is valid for less than 3 years, the duration granted will only be up to 1 month before the expiry date of the passport.
How much it costs $100 to get the pass issued.
How long it takes Renew using EP eService: Processed or given an update within 10 business days.


  • Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you'll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
  • If you miss the deadline, you must apply for a new pass.

Renewal requirements 

To renew an S Pass:

  • The pass holder has to meet the existing eligibility requirements.  
  • The pass holder’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
  • You must have sufficient S Pass quota for your sector.

If your workers require the Primary Care Plan (PCP), you need to complete the following steps before renewing:

  • After receiving the S Pass renewal notice, buy the PCP for workers who either stay in dormitories that can accommodate 7 or more workers, or work in the CMP sectors.
  • Before the S Pass can be renewed, declare the PCP purchase on EP eService

How to renew

Log in to EP eService to apply for renewal.

Ensure that your organisation’s turnover information for the past 3 years has been updated before submitting the application.

When you can renew

You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.

Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.

By using this service, you agree to accept the terms of use.

Upon renewal

If your renewal is successful, you must:

  1. Print out the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter in EP eService. It is valid for 60 days.
  2. Follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.

You must complete these steps before the S Pass expires.

If the new S Pass is issued after the current one expires, levy penalties or overstaying fine, or both, may be imposed.

You still need to pay levy throughout this period.

The S Pass will start when the current pass expires. 

[For CMP workers or those staying in dormitories] Before their passes can be renewed, ensure that you have:

  • Completed the purchase of the Primary Care Plan (PCP)
  • Declared on EP eService that you have bought the PCP.

After the pass is issued

After the pass is issued, print and check the notification letter to see:

If notification letter states The existing card
Continue using the existing card.

Must be kept by the pass holder.

Note: If you return it when you don't need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
Getting a new card. Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.