You can apply to renew an S Pass if you want the pass holder to continue working for you. This is provided you still meet the quota and other requirements.
- For pass holders who are currently on Stay-Home Notice or Quarantine Order and cannot do their medical examinations, you can request for time to get the renewed pass issued. You can also submit this request if your pass holders are waiting for a new passport.
- For pass holders who are unable to return to Singapore to have their passes renewed, please cancel the passes and re-apply for them when the COVID-19 situation has stabilised.
At a glance
When to renew
You can start renewing up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must renew before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
What is the duration of the renewed pass
Up to 3 years.
Note: If the passport is valid for less than 3 years, the duration granted will only be up to 1 month before the expiry date of the passport.
How much it costs
$100 per renewal
How long it takes
Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you'll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you must apply for a new pass.
The qualifying salary criteria for S Pass renewal is $2,400.
From 1 May 2021, the minimum qualifying salary will be raised to $2,500 for renewal applications. You can read our press release
for more information.
To renew an S Pass:
- The pass holder has to meet the existing eligibility requirements.
- The pass holder’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- You must have sufficient S Pass quota for your sector.
How to renew
Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you must:
- Print out the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter in EP Online. It is valid for 60 days.
- Follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.
You must complete these steps before the S Pass expires.
If the new S Pass is issued after the current one expires, levy penalties or overstaying fine, or both, may be imposed.
You still need to pay levy throughout this period.
The S Pass will start when the current pass expires.
After the pass is issued
After the pass is issued, print and check the notification letter to see:
|If notification letter states
||The existing card
|Getting a new card.
||Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.
|Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by the pass holder.
Note: If you return it when you don't need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.