Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Why must I get a foreigner’s written consent before applying for a work pass for them?

As an employer, you must get written consent before applying for a work pass to protect the interests of both parties should a dispute arise.

This applies to all applications and renewals for all types of work passes.

We consider any document to be written consent if it shows a foreigner’s agreement to be employed by the employer. An example will be a signed employment contract.
There is no particular format, but a verbal consent will not be accepted.

If the foreigner objects to a work pass application being submitted on their behalf, they may approach MOM. We will ask the employer for the written consent and may take action if it cannot be produced.