Skip to main content

Key facts on S Pass

Get an overview and key facts about the S Pass for hiring technical staff to work in Singapore.

Pass facts

Find out key facts about the pass:

Who it is for Mid-skilled technical staff who meet the eligibility criteria.
Who can apply An employer or appointed employment agent must apply on behalf of the applicant. If the pass holder changes jobs, the new employer has to apply for a new pass.

Minimum salary

Fixed monthly salary of at least $2,500.
What is the duration Up to 2 years.
Is it renewable Yes. Find out how to renew.
Passes for family Available for eligible pass holders.
Quota or levy Yes. Employers are subject to a quota and levy for S Pass employees.
Medical insurance Employers must provide medical insurance for S Pass holders.
Relevant legislation Conditions of Work Pass
Employment of Foreign Manpower Act
Related eServices and forms Access online services and forms for S Pass.

Pass map

Get an idea of what you need to do before, during and after you apply for an S Pass.

Guide me through the process

Note: Pass holders may be required to pay income tax.