Before you can issue or renew an S Pass, you must buy medical insurance for the pass holder and submit the details online.
What it should cover
As part of an employer's S Pass medical obligations, you must buy and maintain medical insurance for your S Pass holders as long they are under your employment.
The insurance coverage must be at least $15,000 per year and cover inpatient care and day surgery.
You also need to submit the insurance details online before you can issue or renew a pass, and when the insurance details change.
You can have a co-pay arrangement with the S Pass holder only if all of the following are met:
- The co-pay amount is reasonable and does not exceed 10% of the worker’s monthly salary.
- The duration co-payment does not exceed 6 months.
- The co-payment option is explicitly in the employment contract or collective agreement and has the worker’s full consent.
You must not pass on the cost of buying medical insurance to your S Pass holders.
Submit insurance details
You need to submit medical insurance details online before you request to issue or renew an S Pass, and when the details change.
You can submit the medical insurance details through:
You need to keep the following information up to date:
- Name of insurer
- Insurance policy number
- Insurance policy commencement date
- Insurance policy expiry date
We encourage you to get a WP Online account to make it easier for you to update your employees’ medical insurance. Registration is free.