Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for S Pass from the candidate.
- Log in to EP Online to fill out the application and upload the required documents.
- Pay the $60 fee for each application. You can pay by GIRO, Visa/MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 60 days to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued. It also states if the candidate needs to go for a medical examination, which can be done after arrival in Singapore.
When: Within 60 days of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when you request for the pass to be issued.
To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online. Submit the supporting documents (see what you'll need).
- Provide an address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their NRIC, FIN or Passport number, mobile numbers and email address.
- Pay the $80 fee for each pass issued. You can pay by GIRO, Visa, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, complete and submit the request form to us.
- Should be given to the candidate. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to register at MOM Services Centre – Hall C (MOMSC).
What you'll need
You will need the following information to issue the pass:
- Candidate's passport details.
- Details of medical insurance.
- Details of work injury compensation insurance.
- Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Candidate's residential address in Singapore.
- A local address where we can deliver the card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.
You may also need to submit PDF copies of these documents:
- Personal particulars page of the candidate’s current passport, including any amendment pages.
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
- Completed medical examination form.
- Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.
If the medical report is not ready, you can extend the candidate’s Short Term Visit Pass
. Submit your request
and a copy of the doctor’s confirmation.
When: Within 1 week after the pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo. First-time candidates or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit MOM Services Centre – Hall C. They need to register within 1 week after the pass is issued.
The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- The documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets document verified.
If the candidate does not have to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at
MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit:
If the candidate holds an existing pass for work or long-term stay in Singapore, you need to return the old card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, post it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the “card return” function in EP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don’t need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.