Skip to main content

Man-year entitlement (MYE) for construction and process sector

You must apply for MYE to hire construction and process sector workers from non-traditional source (NTS) countries/regions and the People's Republic of China (PRC).

From 1 January 2024, main contractors will no longer need to apply for MYE to hire Non-Traditional Sources (NTS) or People’s Republic of China (PRC) workers based on the value of their projects or contracts awarded.

This page is only applicable to construction and process companies that had applied for MYE with project contracts that were awarded or had the tender called on or before 18 February 2022. They will be allowed to use the awarded MYE quotas for hiring of NTS workers at a lower levy rate till 31 December 2024 or their project completion date (whichever is earlier).

Usage of man-year entitlement

A main contractor is defined as a company that contracts a project directly from the developer or owner.

Main contractors cannot allocate their MYE to other contractors not involved in the same project or sell their MYE to any contractors. Main contractors that do so will be barred from applying for new Work Permits in future.

1 man-year = 1 year of employment under a Work Permit.