Skip to main content

What if the main contractor changes for a project with MYE?

To change the main contractor for a project that has been allocated MYEs, the new main contractor has to mail the required documents to

Construction and Process Section
Work Pass Division
Ministry of Manpower
18 Havelock Road
Singapore 059764.

The documents to submit are:

  • A completed Application for Man-Year Entitlement and the required documents stated in the form.
  • A letter of request (using the company's letterhead) from the new main contractor stating that:
    • The developer, owner or architect has terminated the old main contractor's project under the MYE certificate number.
    • The new contractor's company has been appointed as the new main contractor for the project.
  • An original letter from the developer, plant owner or architect confirming the termination of the old contract and the award of the contract to the new main contractor.
  • The original and a photocopy of the novation agreement or other documents between the developer, owner or architect, the old main contractor and new main contractor (if any).