Skip to main content

What happens to MYE if the sub-contractor’s project is prematurely terminated?

A main contractor who terminates a contract with a sub-contractor prematurely can write to the Work Pass Division to cancel Work Permits issued using its man-year entitlement (MYE).

The MYE will not be returned to the main contractor if the sub-contractor has already used the prior approval to apply for the workers.

In some cases, the sub-contractor may be allowed to retain their workers by using another main contractor's MYE. This, however, will be decided on a case-by-case basis.