From 1 September 2023, firms in Services and Manufacturing sectors can hire Work Permit holders from NTS countries for a restricted set of occupations in the NTS Occupation List.
What is the NTS Occupation List
Firms in the Services and Manufacturing sectors are generally required to hire Work Permit holders from the following countries or regions:
- People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- North Asian sources (NAS):
- Hong Kong (HKSAR passport)
- South Korea
Under the NTS Occupation List, firms will be allowed to hire Work Permit holders from NTS countries for a restricted set of occupations.
Firms must meet all of the following requirements:
- Keep within a sub-Dependency Ratio Ceiling (DRC) of 8% for NTS Work Permit holders in the NTS Occupation List.
- Pay their Work Permit holder in this list with at least $2,000 fixed monthly salary.
- Work Permit holders must only perform the occupation stated on their Work Permit.
When will it be introduced
The NTS Occupation List will take effect from 1 September 2023, together with the first increase of S Pass qualifying salary for renewals.
NTS Occupation List
The NTS Occupation List comprises:
MOM will review the list from time to time.