In view of the COVID-19 situation, there’s no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you’ve made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services during the Circuit Breaker period.
Skip to main content

Six-monthly medical examination (6ME) for female foreign workers

As an employer, you must send your female Work Permit holders for medical screening every 6 months. This medical examination screens for pregnancy and infectious diseases such as syphilis, HIV and tuberculosis.

While the additional safe distancing measures are in place, workers have 3 more months to complete their 6ME.

Employers who receive the 6ME notification letters from 7 April 2020 will see the extended due dates on the letters.

If you received the notification letter earlier, please note that your worker has 3 more months from the due date stated on the letter to complete her 6ME.


The 6ME must be conducted by a Singapore-registered doctor.

As the employer, you must pay for the 6ME and any other medical expenses arising from it.

Tests done during 6ME

Our 6ME letters will state which tests are due. The tests include:

Tests for Frequency
Pregnancy Every 6 months
Syphilis Every 6 months
HIV Every 2 years
Tuberculosis Once, upon 2 years of stay in Singapore

When to go for 6ME

You will receive a notification letter and 6ME form by post when your female foreign worker’s 6ME is due.

You must send her for the 6ME before the due date.

You can also log in to WP Online to check the previous 6ME’s date. You can then know when the next one is due, and also reprint the 6ME form.

If your female foreign worker is on overseas leave

If the 6ME is due while your female foreign worker is away on overseas leave, you can request to postpone it until she returns.

If you need to defer by more than 4 weeks, you will need to upload relevant documents to tell us why. For example, if the applicant is away due to medical reasons, you will need to upload the doctor’s memo.

If your female foreign worker's employment is ending soon

You can choose not to send her for the 6ME if you are sending her home within 1 month after the 6ME is due.

When to apply for a waiver

If you intend to continue hiring her more than 1 month after her 6ME is due, you need to apply for a waiver.

If your female foreign worker fails the 6ME

If your female foreign worker did not pass her 6ME, you must cancel her work permit and send her home immediately.