In view of the COVID-19 situation, there is no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you have made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services from 7 April to 4 May.
Skip to main content

My main contractor has not given me the man-year entitlement (MYE) to support my worker’s renewal yet. Can I still submit a renewal application for my construction Work Permit holder?

You should negotiate with your main contractor to allocate the MYE before the window begins for a new employer to submit a new Work Permit (WP) application for your NTS or PRC construction Work Permit holder.

It is in the interests of both the sub-contractor and main contractor to retain your experienced worker on the project.

If your main contractor is unable to provide you with an MYE, you can still choose to renew your worker’s WP on the higher levy MYE-waiver route if your worker has at least three years local construction experience.