Skip to main content

Are employers responsible for the cost of a Work Permit or S Pass holder’s dental treatment?

All employers who wish to bring in migrant workers are required to bear the full costs of employing them, including the cost of medical treatment for S Pass and Work Permit holders. This is to ensure that migrant workers’ medical bills do not remain unpaid and instead get passed on to taxpayers.

If the dental treatment is deemed necessary for their health by a Singapore-registered medical or dental professional, you will have to bear the cost of dental treatment. This applies even if the condition is not work-related.

For better peace of mind, employers have the option to purchase additional insurance for added protection.