Skip to main content

Six-monthly medical examination (6ME) for female migrant workers

As an employer, you must send your female Work Permit holders for medical screening every 6 months. This medical examination screens for pregnancy and infectious diseases such as syphilis, HIV and tuberculosis.


The 6ME must be conducted by a Singapore-registered doctor. As the employer, you must pay for the 6ME and any medical expenses arising from it..


Tests conducted during 6ME

Our 6ME letter will state which tests are due

  • Pregnancy and syphilis - every 6 months
  • HIV - every 2 years
  • Tuberculosis - Once, upon 2 years of stay in Singapore
Who can submit 6ME results? Results must be submitted by medical clinics, hospitals or community hospitals.
Where can 6ME be conducted?
6MEs must be conducted in medical clinics, hospitals or community hospitals.

Both the clinic and employer are responsible for ensuring timely submission of 6ME results.

To check if the 6ME results have been submitted, employers can log in to WP Online and verify that the medical examination date reflects the worker's recent clinic visit date. If the results are not updated within 2 weeks of the visit, please contact the clinic or submit a copy of the results to us.

When to send your worker for 6ME

You will receive a notification letter and 6ME form by post when your female Work Permit holder's 6ME is due. She must complete her 6ME by the due date.

You can also log in to WP Online to check the previous 6ME date and reprint the 6ME form if it is still within your latest notice due date.

If your worker is on overseas leave

If your worker is due for her 6ME while she is away on overseas leave, you can request to postpone it until she returns.

If you need to postpone the 6ME by more than 4 weeks, you will need to upload documents to tell us why. E.g. If the worker is away due to medical reasons, you will need to upload the doctor’s memo.

If your worker's employment is ending soon

If you are sending your worker home within 1 month from her 6ME due date, you can choose not to send her for the 6ME.

When to apply for a waiver

If you intend to continue hiring your worker for more than 1 month from her 6ME due date, you need to apply for a waiver.

If your worker fails the 6ME

If your worker did not pass her 6ME, you must cancel her Work Permit and send her home immediately.