Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Overseas leave for foreign worker

Your foreign workers may want to take time off to visit their home country or go on holiday. You can get a levy waiver for the time they are away. You also need to take certain steps if they don't return.

Preparing for overseas leave

Before your workers go for their overseas leave, you should:

  • Check with the embassy on their home country's immigration requirements.
  • Make sure the worker brings their Work Permit card and passport so they can re-enter Singapore.

Applying for levy waiver

You will continue to pay the foreign worker levy while the worker is away on overseas leave.

You can apply for a levy waiver when the worker returns to Singapore.

If the worker doesn't return

If the foreign worker does not return to Singapore after overseas leave, you must:

  • Cancel the Work Permit so that you don't have to keep paying the levy.
  • Keep a copy of the worker's travel ticket or a record of departure itinerary as proof.

After we have verified that the worker has left and not re-entered Singapore, we will proceed to discharge the security bond.

You can also apply for a levy waiver for the whole period of absence.

If the worker re-enters Singapore before the security bond has been discharged, you must send the worker home immediately. Otherwise, the security bond may be forfeited.