Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Apply for a Dependant's Pass

You can apply for a Dependant's Pass for family members of your eligible Employment Pass or S Pass employees.

While we are progressively re-opening our borders, approvals for any new applications are still limited. 

You may continue to apply passes for foreigners who are already in Singapore.

At a glance

Who can apply

Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).

How much it costs When you submit the application:
  • $105 for each pass
When you get the pass issued:
How long it takes

Dependants of EP and S Pass holders: within 3 weeks for most cases.

Dependants of Employment Pass (Sponsorship), PEP or EntrePass holders: within 8 weeks for most cases.

Documents required Find out what you’ll need.
Related eServices

More eServices and forms

These are the steps for applying:

Step Who does this Result
Submit an application

Employer or EA

In-principle approval letter or rejection letter
Get the pass issued Employer or EA Notification letter
Register fingerprints and photo (if required) The foreigner Acknowledgement of card delivery
Receive the card Authorised recipients or the foreigner Dependant’s Pass card


  • You can submit the application along with the main pass holder’s work pass application or at a later date. Submit a separate application for each family member.
  • If the foreigner is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the Dependant’s Pass is issued, we won’t be able to extend the visit pass.
  • You should only bring in the foreigner when the pass is approved. They don’t need to be in Singapore when you apply and we won’t be able to extend their visit pass.
  • For babies born in Singapore, the parent will get a Special Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). This pass is valid for 6 weeks, during which you can apply for a Dependant’s Pass.

Submit an applicationShow

Dependants of Employment Pass and S Pass holders

Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.

To submit an application:

  1. Log in to EP Online to fill up the application and upload the required documents.
  2. Pay $105 fee for each application. You can pay by GIRO, VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
  3. Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
  4. If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.

Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the foreigner. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the foreigner to enter Singapore.

Dependants of EP (Sponsorship), PEP or EntrePass holders
For Who to submit application
Dependants of EP (Sponsorship) Your local sponsor
Dependants of PEP or EntrePass Main pass holder

Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.

To submit :

  1. Download the Dependant’s Pass application form (for online submission).
  2. Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
  3. Print the application form and get it signed.
  4. Pay $105 fee for each application by PayNow. You can use Telegraphic Transfer only if you can’t use PayNow. We will only process your application after we have received your payment.
    If you use You must
    • Have an internet banking account with a Singapore bank.
    Telegraphic Transfer
    • Pay in Singapore dollars (SGD).
    • Inform your bank that you will pay all the bank charges imposed by your bank and our bank for the transfer.

    Note: Depending on your bank, it may take up to 1 month for us to receive your payment.

  5. Submit the following documents:
    • Completed and signed application form
    • Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
    • Supporting documents listed in the application form

    For Use
    Dependants of EP (Sponsorship) applicants or holders Log in with CorpPass
    Dependants of PEP or EntrePass applicants or holders

    If you have SingPass

    If you don’t have SingPass

It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. It may take longer if additional information is required. You can check the application status online.

If approved, we will email the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the email indicated in the application.

Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the foreigner. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the foreigner to enter Singapore.

After you receive the IPA, you have the following period of time to bring the foreigner to Singapore and get the pass issued:

If the foreigner is a It is valid for
Dependant of EP holder 6 months
Dependant of S Pass holder 2 months

Get the pass issuedShow

When: For EP dependants, within 6 months of IPA; for S Pass dependants, within 2 months of IPA

Processing time: Immediate

The foreigner must be in Singapore when you ask for the pass to be issued.

To get the pass issued:

  1. Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you’ll need).
  2. Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
  3. When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.

The notification letter:

  • Should be given to the foreigner. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
  • States if the foreigner needs to register to have fingerprints and photo taken.
  • Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if there is a change of travel plans:

What you'll need

You will need the following information for issuing the pass:

  • The foreigner’s passport details.
  • Details of the foreigner’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
  • The foreigner’s residential address in Singapore.
  • A local address where we can deliver the card.
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.

You may also need to submit PDF copies of these documents:

  • Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card).
  • Completed medical examination form or health declaration form.
  • Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.

Register fingerprints and photoShow

When: For EP dependants, within 2 weeks; for S Pass dependants, within 1 week

Check the notification letter for whether the foreigner needs to register fingerprints and photo.

For registration, you must make an appointment for the foreigner to visit the relevant MOM centre:

Type of dependant Where to register Timeframe for registration
Dependants of Employment Pass holders Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC) Within 2 weeks after pass is issued
Dependants of S Pass holders MOM Services Centre - Hall C Within 1 week after pass is issued

They need to bring these documents for the appointment:

  • Original passport
  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter
  • Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter

Receive the cardShow

When: 4 working days after registration or document verification

We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the foreigner registers and gets documents verified.

If the foreigner does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.

The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.

Download SGWorkPass to scan QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date and more.

If card delivery fails

After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at the relevant services centre:

Type of dependant Where to collect
Dependants of Employment Pass holders Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC)
Dependants of S Pass holders MOM Services Centre - Hall C

The foreigner or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for card collection:

  • Candidate’s original passport
  • Notification letter

If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:

  • An authorisation letter from the employer
  • NRIC or passport for verification