You must cancel a Dependant’s Pass (DP) if the DP holder no longer needs it.
At a glance
When to cancel the pass
DP holder plans to leave Singapore and stay in another country/region.
- You can submit a cancellation request up to 14 days in advance. (E.g. If you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.)
- If the pass has expired, you do not need to cancel it. If the pass holders are still in Singapore, you just need to request for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) for to give them to have a valid stay. Otherwise, an overstaying fine will be imposed.
- If you are cancelling the work pass holder’s pass, the DPs for the family members will be cancelled at the same time.
- If the DP holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident, you don't need to cancel the DP. It will be cancelled automatically.
Who can cancel
Employer or employment agent
Note: Personalised Employment Pass or EntrePass holders can cancel their family members’ DPs or get an employment agent to do it.
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate, unless you are submitting an advance cancellation request.
- If the DP holder has left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the DP within 1 week from the departure date, unless it has expired.
- Once the DP is cancelled, any related Letter of Consent or Work Permit will also be cancelled.
- You must buy an air ticket and pay for any connecting transport costs to the international port of entry in the DP holder’s home country/region nearest to their hometown, unless the DP holder agrees in writing to bear the cost.
- Before booking the flight, please check:
- Whether the airline has any requirements for boarding (e.g. pre-departure COVID-19 test) and ensure the DP holders comply with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board.
- The home country's or region's embassy website for the entry requirements, or refer to MFA's travel guide.
How to cancel
- Log in to EP eService on myMOM Portal.
- For DP holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for a 30-day Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to give them a valid stay in the meantime.
- The DP holder and you will both receive the STVP by email. The DP holder needs to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Once the pass is cancelled, you must cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.