You must cancel a Dependant’s Pass (DP) if the DP holder no longer needs it.
At a glance
When to cancel the pass
When the DP holder plans to leave Singapore and stay in another country or region.
You can submit a cancellation request up to 14 days in advance.
For example, if you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.
You do not need to cancel the pass if:
- The pass has expired. If the DP holder is still in Singapore, you should request for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to give them a valid stay.
- You are cancelling the work pass holder’s pass. The DPs for the family members will be cancelled at the same time.
- The DP holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident.
Who can cancel
Employer or employment agent
Note: Personalised Employment Pass or EntrePass holders can cancel their family members’ DPs or get an employment agent to do it.
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate, unless you are submitting an advance cancellation request.
- If the DP holder has left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the DP within 1 week from the departure date, unless it has expired.
- Once the DP is cancelled, any related Letter of Consent or Work Permit will also be cancelled.
As an employer, you need to buy an air ticket with check-in luggage and pay for all connecting transport costs to the international port of entry in the DP holder’s home country or the region nearest to their hometown.
This applies unless the DP holder agrees in writing to bear the cost instead.
Before booking the flight, please check:
- Whether the airline has any requirements for boarding, such as pre-departure COVID-19 tests, and ensure the DP holder complies with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board.
- The home country's or region's embassy website for entry requirements. Alternatively, you may refer to MFA’s travel guides.
How to cancel
Log in to EP eService on myMOM Portal.
For pass holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for an STVP to grant them a valid stay for up to 90 days from the date of application. If your pass holder overstays without a valid pass, an overstaying fine will be imposed.
The DP holder and you will both receive the STVP by email. The DP holder needs to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Once the pass is cancelled, you must cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.