You must cancel a Dependant’s Pass (DP) if the DP holder no longer needs it. Once cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.
- Follow these steps to send DP holders home.
- If you need more time to send pass holders home (e.g. waiting for an embassy-facilitated flight), you can request to extend their stay in Singapore.
Please submit this request within 1 week before their Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) expires. E.g. If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
At a glance
When to cancel the pass
DP holder plans to leave Singapore and stay in another country.
- If you are cancelling the work pass holder’s pass, the DPs for the family members will be cancelled at the same time.
- If the DP holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident, you don't need to cancel the DP. It will be cancelled automatically.
Who can cancel
Employer or employment agent
Note: Personalised Employment Pass or EntrePass holders can cancel their family members’ DPs or get an employment agent to do it.
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate
- If the DP holder has left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the DP within 1 week from the departure date.
- Once the DP is cancelled, any related Letter of Consent or Work Permit will also be cancelled.
- You must buy an air ticket to the DP holder's home country and pay for the transport to their hometown, unless the DP holder agrees in writing to bear the cost.
- For an overview of scheduled flights, you can visit Changi Airport’s website or use the iChangi mobile app. Please check with the airlines directly to confirm if the flights are still operating.
- Before booking the flight, please check whether the airline has any requirements for boarding (e.g. pre-departure COVID-19 test) and ensure the DP holders comply with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board.
How to cancel
- Log in to EP Online.
- For DP holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for a 30-day Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to give them a valid stay in the meantime.
- Give the STVP to the DP holder. They need to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Once the pass is cancelled, you must cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.
As we need time to change the instructions in our eServices, pass cards and letters, please ignore any instructions to return the card. Please bear with us while we work on this.