Skip to main content

Working in Singapore

Dependant’s Pass holders who wish to work in Singapore can get a work pass to do so.

DP holders can get an Employment Pass (EP), S Pass or Work Permit if they wish to work in Singapore. The prospective employer must submit an application on their behalf, and the relevant qualifying salaries, quotas and levies of the respective work passes will apply.

Eligible DP holders who wish to operate a business can apply for a Letter of Consent for DP holders who are business owners.

DP holders do not need to obtain a work pass to participate in volunteer activities if:

  • No payment is involved
  • The activities are for a charitable purpose

DP holders who get an EP or S Pass will be granted the work and stay privileges associated with an EP or S Pass. As their stay in Singapore is no longer dependent on the main pass holder, they will no longer require a DP, and their DP will need to be cancelled before their EP or S Pass gets issued. 

DP holders who get a Work Permit: