Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Dependant's Pass.
You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:
- Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
- Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000. This is based on your salary, and not based on your combined household income.
- Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).
For dependants of EntrePass holders, refer to these requirements.
You can get a pass for the following family members:
- Legally married spouse.
- Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.
If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they may qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.
Note: Family members of Employment Pass holders who chose to apply as an overseas ICT under WTO GATS or an applicable FTA are not eligible for Dependant’s Passes or Long Term Visit Passes, except where they are specifically covered by an applicable FTA and meet the prevailing criteria for consideration.
Working in Singapore
Dependants of Employment Pass holders, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder can get a Letter of Consent (LOC) to work in Singapore if they find a job here.
From 1 May 2021, all dependants of foreigners with a Dependant's Pass
will need an applicable work pass (e.g. EP, S Pass or Work Permit) to work in Singapore instead of an LOC. Dependant’s Pass holders who are business owners may continue running their businesses on an LOC if they meet specified criteria. Find out more about the changes to the work arrangements for Dependant’s Pass holders
If you are holding an LTVP/LTVP+ issued by ICA or a Pre-approved Letter of Consent (PLOC), this does not affect you.
Dependants of S Pass holders will need to apply for a Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass instead. They will have to meet the eligibility criteria for these passes.
- Dependant’s Pass holders who get an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s Pass.
- For S Pass dependants who get a Work Permit, the Work Permit’s validity period will be tied to that of the S Pass holder’s pass.