Employers can start applying to renew Dependant's Passes (DP) up to 6 months before they expire.
At a glance
When to renew
You can apply to renew a DP up to 6 months before it expires. You must apply before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
For dependants of Employment Pass (Sponsorship) and EntrePass holders: You can start applying to renew 3 months before the pass expires.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA)
Duration of renewed pass
The duration is tied to the main pass holder’s pass or up to the duration requested, whichever is shorter.
How much it costs
How long it takes
Renew using EP eService: within 3 weeks for most cases.
For dependants of Employment Pass (Sponsorship) and EntrePass holders only: within 8 weeks for most cases.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you’ll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you need to apply for a new pass.
- You need to apply for renewal using our renewal application form for dependants of Employment Pass (Sponsorship) and EntrePass holders.
Applications will be evaluated against current eligibility criteria. Renewals are not guaranteed.
Pass holders do not need to meet any vaccination requirements
for DP renewals. However, COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged to protect pass holders from the disease and minimise the risk of transmission.
How to renew
Log in to EP eService to apply for renewal.
For dependants of Employment Pass (Sponsorship) and EntrePass holders:
- Download and complete the renewal application form.
- Submit the completed renewal application form and the related supporting documents using the following relevant online forms.
The outcome will be emailed to the contact person indicated in the application.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you will get an in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
|If you are
|It is valid for
|Dependant of Employment Pass holder
|Dependant of S Pass holder
You must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
After the pass is issued
After the pass is issued, check the notification letter to see:
|If the notification letter states
|The existing card
|Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by the pass holder.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
|Getting a new card.
|Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.