In view of the COVID-19 situation, there is no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you have made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services from 7 April to 4 May.
Skip to main content

Renew a Dependant’s Pass

Employers can start applying to renew Dependant's Passes up to 6 months before they expire.

Passes expiring from 6 April 2020 to 5 May 2020 will be automatically extended until 5 June 2020. You can use our SGWorkPass mobile app or check the new pass expiry dates online.

At a glance

When to renew

You can apply to renew a Dependant’s Pass up to 6 months before it expires. You must apply before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.

For dependants of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and EntrePass holders: you can start applying to renew when you get the renewal forms by post, 3 months before the pass expires. Your application has to reach us at least 2 months before the pass expires.

Who can renew Employer or appointed employment agent (EA)
Duration of renewed pass The duration is tied to the main pass holder’s pass or up to the duration requested, whichever is shorter.
How much it costs

Note: From 1 April 2019, we adjusted the application and issuance / renewal fees for Employment Pass, S Pass, Work Permit and other passes.

How long it takes

Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.

Renew by post for dependants of EP (sponsorship) and EntrePass holders only: within 8 weeks for most cases.


  • Renewals are not guaranteed. Applications will be evaluated against current eligibility criteria.
  • Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you’ll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
  • If you miss the deadline, you need to apply for a new pass.
  • You need to apply for renewal using the renewal forms for dependants of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and EntrePass holders.

How to renew

Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.

For dependants of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and EntrePass holders: complete the form and post it to us. Remember to include all supporting documents mentioned in the form.

The outcome will be emailed to the email indicated in the application.

When you can renew

You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.

Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.

By using this service, you agree to accept the terms of use.

Upon renewal

If your renewal is successful, you will get an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter.

If you are It is valid for
Dependant of EP holder 3 months
Dependant of S Pass holder 2 months

You must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.

After the pass is issued

After the pass is issued, check the notification letter to see:

If the notification letter states The existing card
Getting a new card. Must be returned according to instruction given in the notification letter.
Continue using the existing card.

Must be kept by the pass holder.

Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.

If you need to return the card to MOM, you can post it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to tell us why you are unable to return the card.

When returning the work pass card:

  • Do not deface, cut up or punch holes into it.
  • Do not tape the card onto a letter.
  • Glue or tape multiple cards together.