You should update your email address and mobile number using our FDW eService.
This will allow you to receive important information about your helper (e.g. when her Work Permit renewal or six-monthly medical examination is due).
You must update your new residential address within 2 weeks of the change by completing the relevant steps below.
Once you have done so, your helper’s workplace address will be automatically updated based on your new address. You will receive an acknowledgement letter of your helper’s workplace address by post within 2 weeks.
Singapore citizen or PR
If you are a Singapore citizen or permanent resident (PR), you need to update your address at any of these places:
EP, S Pass, DP or LTVP issued by MOM
If you are holding an EP, S Pass, DP or LTVP issued by MOM, you need to update your residential address using EP Online. You will need a SingPass to log in.
LTVP holders need to get their EP, S Pass holders or sponsoring companies to update on their behalf.
Print the acknowledgement letter and keep it with your pass card.
LTVP issued by ICA
If your LTVP was issued by ICA, submit your latest documents showing your new address (e.g. bank statement, internet or utilities bill) using iSubmit. Under Request Type, choose option 4.
You need to inform us of changes to your helper's personal particulars (e.g. passport details).
Please inform MOM using:
- Our FDW eService – for updating your helper’s name, date of birth, marital status, passport number or expiry date.
- iSubmit – for all other changes. Upload your request letter and supporting documents (e.g. helper’s passport). Under Request Type, choose option 4.
We will inform ICA of changes to your helper’s passport details. If your helper wishes to clear immigration using the automated gates at the checkpoints, she can do so 4 working days after her details have been updated.
If you plan to reduce your helper's salary, you must complete these actions before you can do so:
- Get her written consent.
- Inform us of her new salary using our FDW eService.
If you are increasing her salary, there is no need to inform MOM.
You can let us know if you wish to be a reference for your helper.
The prospective employer or employment agency can contact you to find out about your helper’s conduct, character, work attitude or performance.
Leave your contact details using the online feedback and indicate “Reference for FDW” in the message.
Include the following information:
- Helper’s name and Work Permit number or FIN.
- Employer’s name and employer’s NRIC or FIN.
- Employer’s contact number or email.
We will do the following:
- Inform the prospective employer or employment agency that we have received feedback about the FDW.
- Release your contact details to the prospective employer or employment agency if they wish to find out more.
If a prospective employer decides to employ the FDW in spite of the feedback, we will process the application. We will only ban an FDW from employment if she is charged and found guilty of an offence under Singapore law.
You need to notify MOM through iSubmit.
Include the following information:
- Name of FDW.
- Work Permit number.
- Doctor’s letter confirming the pregnancy and her expected delivery date.
- Citizenship of the FDW's spouse (if applicable).
You must do these within 1 week of knowing that your helper is missing:
- File a missing person police report.
- Cancel the Work Permit.
If the helper is not found within 1 month from the date the Work Permit was cancelled, $2,500 (half of the $5,000 security bond) will be forfeited to cover the repatriation and other related costs.
Subsequently, if the helper has left Singapore, you can apply for a refund of the forfeited security bond.