Skip to main content

Get a short Work Permit extension for an MDW

You can request for a short extension of your migrant domestic worker (MDW)'s Work Permit if you need more time before renewal or cancellation.

You can request for a 4-week extension of your helper's Work Permit if you:

  • Need more time before renewing her Work Permit (e.g. buying security bond or her medical and personal accident insurance).
  • Plan to cancel the Work Permit but need your helper to work for a short period beyond the Work Permit expiry date (e.g. transferring her to another employer and are waiting for her new Work Permit application to be approved).

Log in to our FDW eService to request for the extension. You must do so within 2 months before the Work Permit expires.

If you don't intend to keep employing your helper, please remember to cancel her Work Permit before the extended expiry date. Otherwise, your security bond may be forfeited.

Additional step for employment agencies: Please get the employer’s authorisation using our FDW eService before you can perform any transactions for them. For more details, you can refer to our FAQs and infographic.