Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can I leave my FDW with a friend, relative or employment agency while I am overseas?

As an employer, you are responsible for the well-being and upkeep of your FDW. This applies even if you are overseas, e.g. on holiday or business trip.

You must continue to pay her salary during your absence.

You can do one of the following:

  • Leave her at home.
  • Allow her to return to her home country for home leave.
  • Leave her with a friend or relative. You need to:
    • Seek approval from MOM.
    • Ensure that the person you’re leaving her with can take care of her well-being, and does not deploy her for work.
  • Leave her at commercially provided housing such as accommodation for FDWs provided by EAs or dormitories for female workers. You need to seek approval from MOM.

To seek approval:

  1. Send an online request at least 3 working days before your trip, include the following details:
    • Name, address and relationship of the person your FDW will be staying with.
    • Name of EA or dormitory operator.
    • Duration and dates of her stay.
  2. You will receive a reply from MOM whether your request is approved or rejected.
If your FDW remains in Singapore, you must ensure she doesn’t need to pay for her upkeep, including food, medical treatment and accommodation.