Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Transfer an FDW directly to a new employer

To transfer a helper directly, both the new and current employer must carry out certain steps.

If you are the current employer

You need to:

  1. Send the helper for her 6-monthly medical examination if you have not done so.
  2. Sign the declaration form, attached to the IPA letter given by the new employer or employment agent, confirming you agree to the transfer.
  3. Pay levy up till the date the new employer issues the Work Permit. 

    Once the Work Permit is issued, the current Work Permit will be automatically cancelled and your levy billing will stop. 
  4. Cut the cancelled Work Permit card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.

    As we need time to change the instructions in our eServices, pass cards and letters, please ignore any instructions to return the card. Please bear with us while we work on this.

We will discharge the security bond 1 week after the helper starts working for the new employer. We will inform you of the discharge by post.

If you are the new employer

You need to carry out these steps in sequence. Take note that the first 2 steps need to be completed 30 days before the helper’s Work Permit expires.

Step When to do it Result
Check with the current employer that the helper has gone for her 6-monthly medical examination. At least 30 days before the helper’s Work Permit expires Ensure that the helper has done her 6-monthly medical examination.

Get the current employer’s written consent on the transfer.

Apply for the new Work Permit.

At least 30 days before the helper’s Work Permit expires

Receive outcome and IPA (within 1 week).

The IPA will state the transfer date, which is the date you need to get the new Work Permit issued by.

Log in to print a copy of the Declaration form.

Sign it and ensure the current employer and helper signs it as well.

When you receive the IPA A declaration form that is signed by you, the current employer and helper.
Log in to get the pass issued online, upload the declaration form and print the Temporary Work Permit (TWP). Transfer date

Give your helper the TWP so that she can start working for you.

Her previous Work Permit will be automatically cancelled.

The transfer date is one of the following, whichever is earlier:

  • 21 days from the Work Permit approval
  • Expiry date of the current Work Permit

Change the transfer date

Processing time: Immediate

As the new employer, you can request to change the transfer date if both you and the current employer agree to it.

You can delay the transfer date by:

  1. Extending the in-principle approval (IPA) validity using our FDW eService.  
  2. Print out the updated IPA letter which will show the new transfer date.