At a glance
Who can apply
The following key appointment holders can apply:
- Owner (for sole-proprietorship and partnership)
- Managing director and director (for company)
- Partner (for limited liability partnership)
- General partner (for limited partnership)
Use the EA self-assessment tool to check your eligibility.
Check if you need CEI before you apply.
How much it costs
When you apply: $400.
When the licence is issued: $100.
Fees are non-refundable.
How long it takes
For in-principle approval (IPA): 7 working days.
For processing documents: 7 working days.
For issuing the licence: 3 working days upon receipt of documents.
Perform EA licence transactions (GoBusiness Licensing)
These are the steps for applying:
- Apply for CEI, if needed.
- Submit an application.
- Submit security bond and banker’s guarantee documents.
- Get the licence issued.
Submit the application
Processing time: 7 working days
To submit an EA licence application:
- Log in to GoBusiness Licensing to apply.
- Pay the $400 fee online.
- When you get an IPA notification by email or SMS, log in to GoBusiness Licensing to download the IPA document.
The IPA is valid for 4 weeks. Once it lapses, you must make a new application.
You are not allowed to operate an employment agency yet. The IPA only facilitates your banker’s guarantee and setting up the employment agency.
You can choose your preferred mode of contact in GoBusiness Licensing.
Submit security bond and banker’s guarantee documents
When: Within 4 weeks of in-principle approval
After receiving your IPA letter, you need to buy the security bond (in the form of a banker’s guarantee) and submit the required forms and documents. You need to do this within 4 weeks of getting the IPA.
To submit the documents:
- Complete the Security Bond and Banker’s Guarantee forms.
- Please use the forms provided. Any other format of the BG will be rejected.
- The start date of the Banker’s Guarantee should be your IPA expiry date.
- Bring your IPA letter and Banker’s Guarantee Form to any bank to get the guarantee.
- Submit the Security Bond form, Banker’s Guarantee form and other required documents by post to:
Employment Agency Licensing Branch
Foreign Manpower Management Division
MOM Services Centre
1500 Bendemeer Road
It takes 7 working days to process your documents. If successful, you will receive a notification from GoBusiness Licensing stating that your application is approved, pending payment for issuing the licence.
Get the licence issued
Processing time: 3 working days
To get the licence issued:
- Log in to GoBusiness Licensing and pay the $100 issuance fee via PayPal.
- (Optional) Once licence is issued, log in to GoBusiness Licensing to print your e-licence.
You can start operating your employment agency only after the licence is issued.