You should apply to renew your employment agency licence when you receive the notice of expiry 4 months before the licence expires.
At a glance
|When to renew
When you receive the notice of expiry by email 4 months before your employment agency (EA) licence expires.
To ensure continuity, you should start the renewal process as soon as you get the notice.
To ensure a smooth renewal process, you should send in your renewal application at least 3 months before your licence expiry date.
|Who can renew
||The relevant key appointment holders should apply:
- Owner (for sole-proprietorship and partnership).
- Managing director and director (for company).
- Partner (for limited liability partnership).
- General partner (for limited partnership).
|How much it costs
When you apply: $400.
When the licence is issued: $100.
Fees are non-refundable.
|How long it takes
For in-principle approval: 7 working days (subjected to EA's screening records).
For processing documents: 7 working days.
For downloading of renewed licence profile: 3 working days upon start of renewed licence date.
- Use the EA self-assessment tool to check your eligibility for renewal.
- If you apply after the expiry date, you will have to pay a late renewal fee of $100. You must also stop all EA activities until your licence has been renewed.
- You must submit your renewal application within 1 month after your licence expires. After that, you will need to apply for a new licence and must stop all EA activities until the new licence is granted.
- If you do not submit your application at least 3 months before your licence expiry date, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to complete the renewal process before your licence expires.
There are three steps to renewing your EA licence:
- Submit the renewal application.
- Buy or extend the security bond.
- Get the licence issued.
Submit the renewal application
Processing time: 7 working days
To submit your renewal application:
- Log in to GoBusiness Licensing to submit your application.
- Pay the $400 application fee online.
- When you get an IPA notification by email or SMS, log in to GoBusiness Licensing to download the IPA document.
The IPA is valid for 3 weeks. Once it lapses, you must make a new application.
As soon as you receive the IPA, you should proceed to buy or extend your security bond (in the form of a banker’s guarantee). Banks may take up to 3 weeks to process the banker's guarantee.
You can choose your preferred mode of contact in GoBusiness Licensing.
Buy or extend the security bond
When: Upon receiving in-principle approval
Upon initial approval, you will need to extend your existing security bond (in the form of a banker’s guarantee) or get a new one. If you get a new security bond, you also need to submit a new Security Bond Form.
To buy or extend the security bond:
- Download and complete these forms:
- Please use the forms provided. Any other format of the BG will be rejected.
- The start date of the Banker’s Guarantee should be your current EA licence expiry date.
- Bring the forms to a bank to prepare the documents.
- Post the required forms and other supporting documents to:
Employment Agency Licensing Branch
Foreign Manpower Management Division
MOM Services Centre
1500 Bendemeer Road
If successful, you will receive a notification from GoBusiness Licensing stating that your application is approved, pending payment for issuing the licence.
Note: The security bond must be valid for 6 months after the expiry date of the licence.
Get the licence issued
Processing time:1 working day
To get the licence issued:
- Log in to GoBusiness Licensing to pay the $100 issuance fee via PayPal.
- You can download and print your e-licence from when your new validity period starts.