Skip to main content

Which employment agency licence to get

If you are planning to apply for an employment agency (EA) licence, you can choose between different types of licences based on the type of workers you want to place.

Types of licences

There are four types of licences:

  • Comprehensive Licence (All)
  • Comprehensive Licence (Local)
  • Comprehensive Licence (non-FDW)
  • Select Licence (SL)

Types of workers

These are the types of workers you can place for each type of licence:

Comprehensive Licence (All) Any type of workers.
Comprehensive Licence (Local) Local workers.
Comprehensive Licence (non-FDW) Local workers or foreign workers, except FDWs.
Select Licence (SL) Workers earning a monthly salary of more than $4,500.


All licences are valid for 3 years.


All Comprehensive Licences

CEI certification is required for:

  • Key appointment holders.
  • Other EA personnel doing EA work.
  • Other personnel.
Select Licence Not required for EA personnel.

Security deposit

All Comprehensive Licences

From $20,000 to $60,000, depending on the number of Work Permit and S pass holders placed and demerit points accumulated.

For new EAs, it is $60,000.

See the security deposit requirements.

Select Licence

From $20,000 to $60,000, depending on the number of demerit points accumulated.

For new EAs, it is $20,000.

Relevant legislation

Employment agencies are regulated under the Employment Agencies Act (Cap 92).