Skip to main content

Report a work-related accident

To report a work-related accident, you will need to notify the Commissioner or submit an incident report online, or both. The reporting requirements depend on the type of accident.

Notify the Commissioner

If you are an employer or occupier, you must notify the Commissioner as soon as reasonably practicable in the following instances:

Notify the Commissioner if Who should notify
An employee dies during work or at a workplace as a result of work. Employer
Self-employed person or member of public:
  • Dies at a workplace as a result of works done.
  • Is injured as a result of works done at a workplace and is sent to hospital.
Dangerous Occurrence happens, regardless whether anyone is injured. Occupier

You can notify the Commissioner at

You need to provide the following information:

  • Date and time of the accident.
  • Place of the accident.
  • Name and identification number of the injured or deceased, if any.
  • Name of the employer and workplace occupier.
  • Brief description of the accident.
  • Name and contact details of the person making the notification.

You are reminded to keep the injured worker’s next-of-kin updated, especially for serious injuries or where the injured worker is unable to call his or her own next-of-kin.

Submit an incident report

Who should submit Employer, workplace occupier or doctor, depending on the event.
When to submit

Fatal accidents: Within 10 days of the accident.

Non-fatal accidents: Within 10 days of employer’s first notice of accident.

If the employee subsequently dies from the injury or disease, you must notify the Commissioner immediately.

Related eServices

To submit a report:

  1. Submit the incident report using WSH Incident Reporting. You need to provide following information:
    • Personal particulars and company details of the person reporting.
    • Details of accident or Occupational Disease.
    • Details of injured person, e.g. personal particulars, employment, injury, insurance.
  2. If the injured worker is given more medical leave, you must update the online report.
  3. Save or print the submitted report. Employers and occupiers are required to keep all incident reports for 3 years.


  • You must report the incident even if the deadline for reporting an incident has passed. You are required to provide the reasons for late reporting in your incident report.
  • Save your work frequently. You can retrieve a saved draft submission and work on it later.

What happens after you submit an incident report

After you have submitted an incident report, MOM will do the following:

  1. Investigate the accident. We may:
    • Conduct an investigation at the accident site.
    • Work with stakeholders to prevent similar accidents.
  2. Process work injury compensation claims. If an employee is injured in the accident, we will:
    • Forward a copy of the incident report to the employer's insurer.
    • Send the injured employee an Application Form to indicate whether the employee wishes to claim compensation under the Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA).
    • Process eligible claims under WICA and update the parties involved.