Major injuries are non-fatal but severe injuries.
They are defined by:
- Nature of injury
- Part of the body injured
- Incident type
- Duration of medical leave
- Crushing, fractures and dislocations: head, back, chest and abdomen, neck, hip and pelvis
- Exposure to electric current
- Asphyxia or drowning
- Burns with more than 20 days medical leave
- Concussion with more than 20 days medical leave
Minor injuries are non-severe injuries where an employee is:
- Given more than 3 days medical leave
- Hospitalised for at least 24 hours
Find out more about major and minor injuries.