Major injuries are non-fatal but severe injuries.
They are defined by:
- Nature of injury
- Part of the body injured
- Incident type
- Duration of medical leave
- Crushing, fractures and dislocations: head, back, chest and abdomen, neck, hip and pelvis
- Exposure to electric current
- Asphyxia or drowning
- Burns with more than 20 days medical leave
- Concussion with more than 20 days medical leave
- Mosquito borne diseases with more than 20 days of medical leave
- Virus outbreak with more than 20 days of medical leave
Minor injuries refer to non-severe injuries with any instance of medical leave or light duties.