At a glance
When to renew
You can start renewing up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must renew before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
What is the duration of the renewed pass
Up to 3 years.
Note: If the passport is valid for less than 3 years, the duration granted will only be up to 1 month before the expiry date of the passport.
How much it costs
$80 per renewal.
How long it takes
Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you’ll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you must apply for a new pass.
To renew an S Pass:
- The pass holder has to meet the existing eligibility requirements.
- The pass holder’s passport must be valid for at least 7 months.
- You must have sufficient S Pass quota for your sector.
How to renew
Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you must:
- Print out the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter in EP Online. It is valid for 60 days.
- Follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.
You must complete these steps before the S Pass expires.
If the new S Pass is issued after the current one expires, levy penalties or overstaying fine, or both, may be imposed.
You still need to pay levy throughout this period.
The S Pass will start when the current pass expires.
Receive the card
When: 4 working days after verification
We will deliver the new card to the address provided 4 working days after the documents are verified.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
Download the SGWorkPass
app to scan QR code on your new card
. You can check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit: