The passing of a loved one is a difficult time for the family. MOM recognises that time is needed to settle the immediate issues.
After that, the family of the employer has to do one of the following:
- Cancel the Work Permit and send the helper home.
- Transfer the helper to another employer or a family member.
Cancel Work Permit and send her home
To cancel the helper’s Work Permit:
- Ensure that all issues arising from the employment, including outstanding wages, have been settled with the helper.
- After all issues are settled, family members can either:
Transfer to another employer or a family member
The new employer needs to:
- Submit an online Work Permit application.
- Buy a new insurance package.
- MOM may request for a copy of the employer’s death certificate during application or when getting the Work Permit issued.
- If the employer was 67 years old or above, the levy concession may end.