Skip to main content

Replace a Personalised Employment Pass card

You need to apply for a new Personalised Employment Pass card within 1 week after it is lost, damaged or stolen.

At a glance

When to replace

If your pass card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.


  • For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
  • If you lost the card while overseas, you must inform us immediately. We will issue a letter for you to use when entering Singapore.
Who can apply PEP holder or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs

For a damaged card, the fee is $60.

For a lost or stolen card, the fee is:

  • $100 for the first time.
  • $300 for subsequent times.

Fees are non-refundable.

How long it takes

Immediate for most cases.

Card collection: 4 working days after approval.


  • We may call you for an interview before we issue a new card or if you lose your card repeatedly.
  • If the lost card is found, please return it to us immediately by post: Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.

Apply for a replacement card

When: Within 1 week after losing or damaging the card

Processing time: Immediate for most cases

This can be done using either of these options:

  • Your appointed employment agent to apply for you using EP eService.
  • Over the counter at our Employment Pass Services Centre.

For employment agent to submit an application:

  1. Log in to EP eService and provide required information
  2. Pay the replacement fees using GIRO, Visa, Mastercard or Amex. Once the request is submitted, no refund is allowed.
  3. If the request is approved, the employment agent and you will both receive the card replacement letter by email. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.

Over the counters

  1. Make an appointment to have your pass replaced at our Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC).
  2. Bring the supporting documents for your appointment. 
  3. Pay the fees using VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, NETS or CashCard (if your credit or debit card was not issued in Singapore, please ensure it has been activated for overseas use) 
  4. You will be issued a card replacement letter. 

What you'll need

You will need the following documents to replace the pass over the counter: 

  • Original passport  
  • The damaged card (for request due to damaged card) 

Collect the replacement card

When: 4 working days after approval

You can collect the card at the Employment Pass Services Centre 4 working days after your replacement card request is approved. You don’t need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for your visit:

  • Original passport
  • Card replacement letter
  • The damaged card (if applicable)
  • Police report (for stolen cards)
    Note: Overseas police reports should be translated to English.

For lost or stolen cards, you must collect the replacement card in person.

For replacement of damaged cards, you can authorise someone to collect the card on your behalf. Make sure the authorised person brings these along:

  • An authorisation letter from you
  • NRIC, pass card or passport for verification
  • The damaged card
  • Pass holder's original passport
  • Card replacement letter

Download SGWorkPass to scan QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date and more.