Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Complete the Personalised Employment Pass Application Form and include clear copies of the following documents:
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport.
- If you have never applied for a work pass before, you will need these additional documents:
- Educational certificates.
- Employment contracts of new or previous employment (if any).
- Employment history.
- Latest 3 months of your salary slips and bank account statements.
- Latest tax statement.
- Submit the completed application and the supporting documents over the counter at any SingPost branch.
- Pay $70 for each application. You can pay by cash, NETS or CashCard. Keep the payment advice slip given to you as proof of your submission.
- For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
- We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. If approved, we’ll mail an in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the Singapore address given in the application.
If you are overseas and have not given a local address, the IPA will be mailed to your local contact person’s address.
The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
You or your appointed employment agent can ask for the pass to be issued. You need to be in Singapore when the request is made.
There are two ways to request for the pass:
- Using EP Online.
- Over the counter - for candidates without a SingPass.
Using EP Online
To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you’ll need).
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
Over the counter
Use this option if you don’t have a SingPass to use EP Online.
You need to make an appointment to have your pass issued over the counter at the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC).
Bring these documents for your visit:
What you'll need
You will need the following information for the pass to be issued:
- Candidate’s passport details.
- Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Candidate’s residential address in Singapore.
- A local address where we can deliver the card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.
You may also need copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
- Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo. First-time candidates or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.
For registration, you or your employment agent must make an appointment for you to visit EPSC. You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
Bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport.
- Appointment letter.
- Notification letter.
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after you register at EPSC and get your documents verified.
If you don’t need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery is unsuccessful
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.
You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit:
If you hold an existing pass for work or long-term stay in Singapore, you need to return your old card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the "card return" function in EP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don’t need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.