Processing time: within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
- Watch our video to help you enter your educational details correctly in the application form.
- Download the Personalised Employment Pass application form (for online submission).
- Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
- Print out the application form and get it signed.
- Pay $105 fee for each application by PayNow. You can use Telegraphic Transfer only if you can’t use PayNow. We will only process your application after we have received your payment.
|If you use
- Have an internet banking account with a Singapore bank.
- Pay in Singapore dollars (SGD).
- Inform your bank that you will pay all the bank charges imposed by your bank and our bank for the transfer.
Note: Depending on your bank, it may take up to 1 month for us to receive your payment.
- Submit your application online with SingPass and include the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
- Supporting documents listed in the application form
- For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
- We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. You can check the application status online.
If approved, we will email the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the email indicated in the application. The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
You or your appointed employment agent can ask for the pass to be issued. You need to be in Singapore when the request is made.
There are two ways to request for the pass:
- Use EP Online.
- Over the counter, if you don’t have a SingPass.
Use EP Online
To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you’ll need).
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.
Over the counter
Use this option if you don’t have a SingPass to use EP Online.
- Make an appointment to have your pass issued over the counter at the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC).
- Bring the supporting documents for the appointment.
- Pay the fees using VISA, Mastercard, NETS or CashCard:
If your credit or debit card was not issued in Singapore, ensure it has been activated for overseas use.
What you'll need
You will need the following information for the pass to be issued:
- Your passport details.
- Details of your current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Your residential address in Singapore.
From 14 September 2018, your residential address must meet the housing requirements before you can get the pass issued.
- A local address where we can deliver your card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email on the delivery details.
You may also need copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card).
- Completed declaration form attached with your in-principle approval letter.
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo.
For registration, you or your employment agent must make an appointment for you to visit EPSC. You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
Bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after you register at EPSC and get your documents verified.
If you don’t need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery is unsuccessful
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at EPSC.
You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport
- Notification letter
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorisation letter from the pass holder
- NRIC or passport for verification