You need to cancel your Personalised Employment Pass if you have been out of work for more than 6 months. You also need to return the cancelled pass card.
At a glance
When to cancel
You need to cancel your Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) if you have been unemployed for more than 6 months.
You can cancel the pass any time before it expires. However, you will not be able to reinstate the PEP.
Note: You don’t need to cancel the pass if you become a Singapore permanent resident. We will cancel it automatically.
Who can cancel
Pass holder or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate.
- You don’t have to cancel the pass each time you change employers. You only need to notify us.
- If you have left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the pass within one week from your departure date.
- When your PEP is cancelled, all related Dependant’s Passes, Long Term Visit Passes and their Letter of Consent and Work Permit will also be cancelled.
- Your employer must seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) at least one month before you leave your job.
How to cancel
To cancel the pass:
- Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a 30-day Short Term Visit Pass will be generated if you are still in Singapore.
- Print the STVP. You must show the STVP and valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
To cancel the pass, log in to EP Online and cancel it.
Return the card
You must return the original pass card within 1 week of cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to tell us why you are unable to return the card.