Employers can start applying to renew Long-Term Visit Passes up to 6 months before they expire.
- Pass holders are not subject to a vaccination requirement to be considered for a pass renewal. However, they are encouraged to be vaccinated to protect themselves against the disease and minimise the risk of transmission.
- For pass holders who are currently on Home Recovery Programme and cannot do their medical examinations, you can request for time to get the renewed pass issued. You can also submit this request if your pass holders are waiting for a new passport.
- For pass holders who are unable to return to Singapore to have their passes renewed, please cancel the passes and re-apply for them when the COVID-19 situation has stabilised.
At a glance
When to renew
You can apply to renew a Long-Term Visit Pass up to 6 months before it expires. You must apply before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
For dependants of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and Entrepass holders, you can start applying to renew when you get the renewal forms in the mail, 3 months before the pass expires. Your application has to reach us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA)
Duration of renewed pass
The duration is tied to the main pass holder’s pass or up to the duration requested, whichever is shorter.
How much it costs
How long it takes
Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
Renew by post for dependants of EP (sponsorship) and Entrepass holders: within 8 weeks for most cases.
- Renewals are not guaranteed. Applications will be evaluated against current eligibility criteria.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you’ll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you need to apply for a new pass.
- You need to apply for renewal using the renewal forms for dependants of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and EntrePass holders.
How to renew
Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
For dependants of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and EntrePass holders: complete the form and mail it to us. Remember to include all supporting documents mentioned in the form.
The outcome will be emailed to the email indicated in the application.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you will get an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter.
|If you are
||It is valid for
|Dependant of EP holder
|Dependant of S Pass holder
You must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
After the pass is issued
After the pass is issued, check the notification letter to see:
|If notification letter states
||The existing card
|Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by the pass holder.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
|Getting a new card.
||Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.