Skip to main content

Cancel a Long-Term Visit Pass

You must cancel a Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) if the LTVP holder no longer needs it. Once cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.   

  • Follow these steps to send LTVP holders home
  • If you need more time to send pass holders home (e.g. waiting for an embassy-facilitated flight), you can request to extend their stay in Singapore.

    Please submit this request within 1 week before their Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) expires. E.g. If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.

At a glance

When to cancel the pass

LTVP holder plans to leave Singapore and stay in another country/region. 


  • You can submit a cancellation request up to 14 days in advance. (E.g. If you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.)   
  • If the pass has expired, you do not need to cancel it. If the pass holders are still in Singapore, you just need to request for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) for to give them to have a valid stay. Otherwise, an overstaying fine will be imposed.
  • If you are cancelling the work pass holder’s pass, the LTVPs for the family members will be cancelled at the same time.
  • If the LTVP holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident, you don't need to cancel the LTVP. It will be cancelled automatically. 
Who can cancel

Employer or employment agent

Note: Personalised Employment Pass or EntrePass holders can cancel their family members’ LTVPs or get an employment agent to do it. 

How long it takes Cancellation is immediate, unless you are submitting an advance cancellation request. 


  • If the LTVP holder has left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the LTVP within 1 week from the departure date, unless it has expired. 
  • Once the LTVP is cancelled, any related Letter of Consent or Work Permit will also be cancelled.

Before cancelling

  • You must buy an air ticket and pay for any connecting transport costs to the international port of entry in the LTVP holder’s home country/region nearest to their hometown, unless the LTVP holder agrees in writing to bear the cost.
  • Before booking the flight, please check whether the airline has any requirements for boarding (e.g. pre-departure COVID-19 test) and ensure the LTVP holders comply with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board. 

How to cancel

  1. Log in to myMOM Portal.
  2. For LTVP holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for a 30-day Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to give them a valid stay in the meantime. 
  3. The LTVP holder and you will both receive the STVP by email. The LTVP holder needs to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.

Once the pass is cancelled, you must cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.