Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Dependant's Pass.
You can apply for a Dependant’s Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:
- Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
- Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000. This is based on your salary, and not based on your combined household income.
- Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).
For dependants of EntrePass holders, refer to these requirements.
You can get a pass for the following family members:
- Legally married spouse.
- Unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children.
If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant’s Pass, they may qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass.
Note: Family members of Employment Pass holders who chose to apply as an overseas ICT under WTO GATS or an applicable FTA are not eligible for Dependant’s Passes or Long Term Visit Passes, except where they are specifically covered by an applicable FTA and meet the prevailing criteria for consideration.
Working in Singapore
Dependant’s Pass holders will need to apply for an Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit if they wish to work in Singapore. The relevant qualifying salaries, quotas and levies of the respective work passes will apply.
- Dependant’s Pass holders who get an Employment Pass or S Pass are required to cancel the Dependant’s Pass.
- Dependant’s Pass holders who get a Work Permit will have the Work Permit’s validity period tied to that of the Dependant’s Pass. As dependants of valid pass holders, they will not be subject to source requirements, six-monthly medical examination, security bond and pregnancy restrictions.