Processing time: within 1 week. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Log in to WP Online to fill out the application.
- Pay $75 for each application. You can pay by VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Check the status of your application after 1 week.
It takes around 1 week to process the application. It may take longer if additional information is required.
You can view the outcome online. If your application is approved, you can print the in-principle approval letter (IPA).
Make sure the worker’s IPA particulars matches their passport details. If you make an error, such as wrong spelling of name, you will need to correct the error
, or the worker will be denied entry into Singapore.
Before the worker arrives:
- Submit an entry application for the worker. The worker must obtain an entry approval to enter Singapore.
- Buy a security bond (for non-Malaysian workers).
- Buy medical insurance for the worker.
- Ensure the worker complies with requirements (e.g. Stay-Home Notice (SHN) and COVID-19 tests) listed on the entry approval letter or email.
When the worker arrives, you need to:
- Send the worker for a medical examination by a Singapore-registered doctor - within 2 weeks of arrival or 7 days of completing SHN
- Print and complete the Security Bond form.
- For sole proprietorships and partnerships, it should be signed by the sole proprietor or partner.
- For private limited companies, it should be signed by a director who is registered with ACRA. If the director wishes to appoint an employee to sign the form, he must provide a written authorisation to us.
When: Within 2 weeks of arrival or scheduled date mentioned in the IPA
Processing time: Immediate
You need to get the Work Permit issued within this timeframe:
|If the worker is
||Issue the pass
|A Malaysian or a foreign worker changing employer
||On the date stated in the in-principle approval letter
|From any other source
||After entering Singapore and within 2 weeks of arrival
To request for the Work Permit to be issued:
- Log in to WP Online to make the request.
You will need a delivery address and contact details for card delivery. You may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Personal particulars page of the worker’s current passport (include pages that have amendments).
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
- Completed medical examination form.
- Completed Security Bond Form.
- Completed Work Permit application form.
- Pay $100 for each Work Permit issued. You can pay by GIRO, or eNets credit or debit.
- After the Work Permit is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.
- Should be given to the foreign worker. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
- States if the worker needs to report to MOM Services Centre – Hall C to register fingerprints and photo.
When: Within 1 week after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the worker needs to register at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. If it is required, the worker needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit.
You must make an appointment for the worker to register.
For the appointment, the worker should bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
When: 4 working days after registration
We will deliver the Work Permit card to the address given 4 working days after the worker registers and gets documents verified.
For workers who do not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after verifying their documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in WP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at the service desk of MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
You or an authorised person can collect the card 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment for collection.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport
- Notification letter
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorisation letter from the employer
- NRIC or passport for verification