As an employer, you need to apply for a new card for your Work Permit holder within 1 week after it is lost, damaged or stolen.
At a glance
When to replace
If the card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.
- For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
- If your worker lost the card while overseas, you must inform us immediately. We will issue a letter for your worker to use when entering Singapore.
Who can apply
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs
For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss.
Fees are non-refundable.
How long it takes
Immediate for most cases
Card collection: 4 working days after approval.
- If your worker loses the card repeatedly, you will need to make an appointment to attend an interview with your worker. The card replacement application is subject to approval.
- If the lost card is found, please return it to us immediately by post: Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
Apply for a replacement card
When: Within 1 week of damage or loss
Processing time: Immediate for most cases
To submit an application:
- Log in to WP Online and apply.
- Pay the replacement fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit.
- For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
- For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for subsequent losses.
- Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
- If the application is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.
Collect the replacement card
Processing time: 4 working days after approval
The replacement card will be ready for collection 4 working days after your application is approved.
The worker can collect the card in person at MOM Services Centre - Hall C. No appointment is needed.
The worker needs to bring along these documents:
- Original passport
- Card replacement letter
- The damaged card (if applicable)
- Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards)
- Police report (for stolen cards)
Note: Overseas police reports should be translated into English.
For lost or stolen cards, the worker must collect the replacement card in person.
For replacement of damaged cards, you can authorise someone to collect the card on the worker's behalf. Make sure the authorised person brings these along:
- An authorisation letter from your company
- NRIC, pass card or passport for verification
- The damaged card
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.