The website search is currently not available. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please try again later.
Skip to main content

Replace a Work Permit card

As an employer, you need to apply for a new card for your Work Permit holder within 1 week after it is lost, damaged or stolen.

At a glance

When to replace

If the card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.


  • For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
  • If your worker lost the card while overseas, you must inform us immediately. We will issue a letter for your worker to use when entering Singapore.
Who can apply Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs

For a damaged card, the fee is $60.

For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for a subsequent loss.

Fees are non-refundable.

How long it takes

Immediate for most cases

Card collection: 4 working days after approval.


  • If your worker loses the card repeatedly, you will need to make an appointment to attend an interview together with your worker. The application for card replacement is subject to approval.
  • If your worker finds the lost card subsequently, you must return the lost card to us. Post it to Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.

Apply for a replacement card

When: Within 1 week of damage or loss

Processing time: Immediate for most cases

To submit an application:

  1. Log in to WP Online and apply.
  2. Pay the replacement fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit.
    • For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
    • For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for subsequent losses.
    • Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
  3. If the application is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.

Collect the replacement card

Processing time: 4 working days after approval

The replacement card will be ready for collection 4 working days after your application is approved.

The worker can collect the card in person at MOM Services Centre - Hall C. No appointment is needed.

The worker needs to bring along these documents:

  • Original passport.
  • Card replacement letter.
  • The damaged card (if applicable).
  • Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards).
  • Police report (for stolen cards).
    Note: Overseas police reports should be translated into English.

If the card was lost or stolen, your worker must collect it in person.

If you are replacing a damaged card, you can authorise someone to collect it on your worker's behalf. Make sure they bring these along:

  • An authorisation letter from the employer.
  • NRIC or passport for verification.

Download SGWorkPass to scan QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date and more.