In view of the COVID-19 situation, there’s no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you’ve made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services during the Circuit Breaker period.
Skip to main content

Get a short Work Permit extension

You can request for a short Work Permit extension if you need more time before renewal or cancellation.

You can request for a short extension of your worker's Work Permit for up to one month if you:

  • Need more time before you can renew the Work Permit, e.g. the worker is waiting for a new passport.
  • Plan to cancel the Work Permit but need the worker to work for a short period beyond the expiry date.

Submit your request within 1 month before the Work Permit expires:

  1. Log in to WP Online.
  2. Select Special Pass/Short Work Permit Extension on the left menu.

If you don't intend to keep employing your worker, please remember to cancel the Work Permit before the extended expiry date. Otherwise, your security bond may be forfeited.

If your worker is not eligible for renewal, you are not allowed to request for the extension.