Skip to main content

Cancel a Dependant's Pass

You need to cancel a Dependant's Pass if the family member no longer needs the pass. You also need to return the cancelled pass card.

At a glance

When to cancel

You need to cancel a Dependant’s Pass in these situations:

  • The main pass holder has become a Singapore permanent resident.
  • Dependant’s Pass holder intends to leave Singapore and reside elsewhere.

Note: If you are cancelling the main pass, the Dependant’s Pass will be cancelled at the same time.

Who can cancel

Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).

Note: Personalised Employment Pass holders can cancel their family members’ Dependant’s Pass. They can also get an authorised EA to cancel it.

How long it takes Cancellation is immediate.


  • When the Dependant’s Pass is cancelled, any related Letter of Consent or Work Permit will also be cancelled.

How to cancel

To cancel a pass:

  1. Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a Short Term Visit Pass will be generated for the pass holder if the pass holder is still in Singapore.
  2. Give a copy of the cancellation acknowledgement letter and Short Term Visit Pass to the pass holder. The pass holder must give the STVP to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.

Return the card

You must return the original pass card within 1 week of cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to:

  • Check if we have received the card.
  • Tell us why you are unable to return the card.