Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Replace a Training Work Permit card

As an employer, you need to apply for a new Training Work Permit card for your worker within 1 week after it is lost, damaged or stolen.

At a glance

When to replace

If the Work Permit card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must apply for a replacement within 1 week.


  • For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
  • If your worker lost the card while overseas, you must inform us immediately. We will issue a letter for your worker to use when entering Singapore.
Who can apply Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How much it costs

For a damaged card, the fee is $60.

For a lost card, the fee is:

  • $100 for the first loss.
  • $300 for a subsequent loss.

Fees are non-refundable.

How long it takes

Immediate for most cases.

Card collection: 4 working days after approval.


  • If your worker loses the Work Permit card repeatedly, you will need to make an appointment to attend an interview with your worker. The card replacement application is subject to approval.
  • If the lost card is found, please cut it in half and discard it to prevent misuse. 

Apply for a replacement card

When: Within 1 week of damage or loss

Processing time: Immediate for most cases

To submit an application:

  1. Log in to WP Online and apply.
  2. Pay the replacement fees. You can pay using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit.
    • For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
    • For a lost card, the fee is $100 for the first loss and $300 for subsequent losses.
    • Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
  3. If the request is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.

Collect the replacement card

When: 4 working days after approval

The replacement card will be ready for collection 4 working days after you apply.

The worker can collect the card in person at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. No appointment is needed.

The worker needs to bring along these documents:

  • Original passport.
  • Card replacement letter.
  • The damaged card (if applicable).
  • Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards).
  • Police report (for stolen cards).
    Note: Overseas police reports should be translated to English.

If the card was lost or stolen, the worker must collect it in person.

If you are replacing a damaged card, you can authorise someone to collect it on your worker's behalf. Make sure they bring these along:

  • An authorisation letter from the employer.
  • NRIC or passport for verification.

Download SGWorkPass to scan QR code on your new card to check status, expiry date and more.