Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Eligibility for Training Work Permit

You can apply for Training Work Permits for eligible foreign trainees to go for practical training in Singapore. The number you can hire is limited by a quota, and you may have to pay a levy for them.

Who is eligible

As an employer, you can apply for a Training Work Permit (TWP) for:

  • Semi-skilled or unskilled employees from related overseas companies to undergo training in Singapore.
  • Foreign students studying in educational institutions in Singapore. The training must be part of their course requirements.

All Training Work Permits are valid for up to 6 months.

Levy and quota

If you are bringing in employees from overseas or hiring foreign students on a TWP:

Security bond

You need to get a security bond for each non-Malaysian TWP holder.

A medical examination is not required for TWP holders.