Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for Training Employment Pass from the candidate.
- Log in to EP Online to fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Pay the $70 fee for each application. You can pay by GIRO, Visa/MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 6 months to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued.
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when you request for the pass to be issued.
To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you'll need).
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Should be given to the candidate. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to register to have fingerprints and photo taken.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. Request to extend the validity if you have a change of travel plans.
What you'll need
You will need the following information for issuing the pass:
- Candidate’s passport details.
- Details of the candidate's current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Candidate's residential address in Singapore. From 14 Sep 2018, your residential address must meet the housing requirements before you can get the pass issued.
- A local address where we can deliver the card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email on the delivery details.
You may also need to submit PDF copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
- Completed medical examination form or health declaration form.
- Completed declaration form attached with the candidate's in-principle approval letter.
If the medical report is not ready, you can extend the candidate’s Short Term Visit Pass
. Submit your request
and a copy of the doctor’s confirmation.
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo. First-time candidates or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC). They need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport.
- Appointment letter.
- Notification letter.
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets documents verified at EPSC.
If the candidate does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don't need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport.
- Notification letter.
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorisation letter from the employer.
- NRIC or passport for verification.
If the candidate holds an existing pass for work or long-term stay in Singapore, you need to return the old card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the "card return" function in EP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don't need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.