Processing time: within 3 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for Training Employment Pass from the candidate.
- Watch our video to help you enter the candidate’s educational details correctly in the application.
- Log in to EP Online to fill out the application form and upload the required documents.
- Pay the $105 fee for each application. You can pay by GIRO, VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Check your application status after 3 weeks. It may take longer if additional information is required.
- If the pass is approved, log in to EP Online and print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
Send the pass holder’s copy of the IPA to the candidate. It has a pre-approved single-entry visa for the candidate to enter Singapore.
The IPA gives you 6 months to bring the candidate to Singapore and get the pass issued.
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
The candidate must be in Singapore when you carry out these steps to get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online and provide the required information and documents.
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- When the pass is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Should be given to the candidate. It allows them to start work and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
- States if the candidate needs to have their fingerprints and photo taken for the card registration.
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If the candidate needs more time to complete the card registration procedures, you can request to extend the validity of the notification letter.
What you'll need
You will need the following information to get the pass issued:
- Candidate's passport details
- Candidate’s Singapore contact details
- Candidate's current Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) or immigration pass details
- Candidate's Singapore residential address, which must meet the housing requirements for you to get the pass issued.
- Singapore residential or office address to receive the candidate’s card
- Details of up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card (their mobile number, email address and NRIC number / FIN / passport number)
You may also need to upload PDF copies of these documents:
- Candidate’s passport page showing the date of arrival in Singapore
- Completed medical examination form or medical declaration form
- Completed declaration form (attached to the candidate's in-principle approval letter). The employer’s declaration of the form should be signed by an authorised human resource personnel, or an employee holding at least a managerial position.
If you need more time to get the pass issued as your candidates are waiting for their medical results, you can extend their STVP. Submit this request within 1 week before the STVP expires
and upload the doctor's memo stating the medical results collection date.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo.
For registration, you must make an appointment for the candidate to visit the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC). They need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
The candidate should bring along these documents for the appointment:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the card to the given address 4 working days after the candidate registers and gets documents verified at EPSC.
If the candidate does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking the documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 working day before the delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in EP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at
The candidate or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. They don't need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for card collection:
- Candidate’s original passport
- Notification letter
If you authorise someone to collect it on your behalf, make sure they bring these along:
- An authorisation letter from the employer
- NRIC or passport for verification