You must cancel a Training Employment Pass if the pass holder's training has ended.
At a glance
When to cancel the pass
Within 1 week after the last day of training.
You can submit your cancellation request up to 14 days in advance.
For example, if you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.
Note: You do not need to cancel the pass if it has expired. If the pass holders are still in Singapore, you should request for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to give them a valid stay in the meantime.
Who can cancel
Employer or employment agent
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate, unless you are submitting an advance cancellation request.
Note: If the pass holder has left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the pass within 1 week from the departure date, unless it has expired.
As an employer, you need to:
- Give your pass holder reasonable notice on their upcoming repatriation.
- Settle all outstanding employment issues that your pass holder may raise, including salary payments.
- Buy an air ticket with check-in luggage and pay for all connecting transport costs to the international port of entry in your pass holder’s home country or the region nearest to their hometown. This applies unless your pass holder agrees in writing to bear the cost instead.
Before booking the flight, please check:
- Whether the airline has any requirements for boarding, such as pre-departure COVID-19 tests, and ensure your pass holder complies with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board.
- The home country's or region's embassy website for entry requirements. Alternatively, you may refer to MFA’s travel guides.
How to cancel
Log in to EP eService on myMOM Portal.
For pass holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for an STVP to grant them a valid stay for up to 30 days from the date of application.
The pass holder and you will both receive the STVP by email. The pass holder needs to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Once the Training Employment Pass is cancelled:
- Your pass holder cannot work, even while waiting to leave Singapore.
- Please cut the card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.
Consequences of overstaying
If your pass holder is still in Singapore, please ensure that they have a valid legal stay throughout. Otherwise, an overstaying fine will be imposed.
It is also a criminal offence for:
- Foreigners to remain beyond the expiry date of a visa
- Employers to employ foreigners without a valid work pass