You must cancel a Training Employment Pass if the pass holder's training has ended. Once cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.
- Follow these steps to send pass holders home.
- If you need more time to send pass holders home (e.g. waiting for an embassy-facilitated flight), you can request to extend their stay in Singapore.
Please submit this request within 1 week before their Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) expires. E.g. If the STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February.
At a glance
When to cancel the pass
Within 1 week after the last day of training.
Note: You can submit a cancellation request up to 14 days in advance. (E.g. If you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.)
Who can cancel
Employer or employment agent
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate, unless you are submitting an advance cancellation request.
Note: If the pass holder has left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the pass within 1 week from the departure date, unless it has expired.
You need to:
- Give reasonable notice of the pass holder’s repatriation.
- Settle all outstanding employment issues that the pass holder may raise, including salary payment.
- Buy an air ticket and pay for any connecting transport costs to the international port of entry in your pass holder’s home country nearest to their hometown, unless the pass holder agrees in writing to bear the cost.
Before booking the flight, please check whether the airline has any requirements for boarding (e.g. pre-departure COVID-19 test) and ensure the pass holders comply with them. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to board.
When to cancel the pass
You can submit a cancellation request up to 14 days in advance. (E.g. If you want the pass to be cancelled on 15 February, you can submit the request from 1 February.)
The latest the pass must be cancelled is 1 week after the pass holder’s last day of training.
If the pass has expired, you do not need to cancel it. If the pass holders are still in Singapore, you just need to request for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to give them a valid stay in the meantime.
How to cancel
- Log in to myMOM Portal.
- For pass holders who are still in Singapore, you can request for a 30-day STVP to give them a valid stay in the meantime.
- The pass holder and you will both receive the STVP by email. The pass holder needs to show the STVP and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Once the pass is cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.