Who is eligible
As an employer, you can apply for a Training Work Permit (TWP) for:
- Semi-skilled or unskilled employees from related overseas companies to undergo training in Singapore.
- Foreign students studying in educational institutions in Singapore. The training must be part of their course requirements.
All Training Work Permits are valid for up to 6 months.
Levy and quota
If you are bringing in employees from overseas on a TWP:
- You need to pay the foreign worker levy for your sector.
- The number of TWP holders you can hire is capped at your company's foreign worker quota for your sector:
If you are hiring foreign students on a TWP:
- They are not subject to levy.
- The number of TWP holders you can hire is 5% of your total workforce or 15 trainees, whichever is lower. This 5% is in addition to your company's quota for foreign workers.
Total workforce includes only locals, S Pass holders and Work Permit holders.
You need to get a security bond for each non-Malaysian TWP holder.
A medical examination is not required for TWP holders.