At a glance
When to cancel
Within 1 week after you close your business.
Note: You don’t need to cancel the pass if you become a Singapore permanent resident. We will cancel it automatically.
Who can cancel
Pass holder, company representative or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate.
- You will need to pay your outstanding income tax and seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) at least one month before you leave the job.
- If you have left Singapore permanently, you must cancel the pass within one week from your departure date.
- All related Dependant's Passes, Long Term Visit Passes and their Letter of Consent and Work Permit will also be cancelled.
How to cancel
To cancel the pass:
- Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a Short Term Visit Pass will be generated for yourself if you are still in Singapore.
- Print the cancellation acknowledgement letter and Short Term Visit Pass. You must give the STVP to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
To cancel the pass, log in to EP Online and cancel it.
Return the card
You must return the original pass card within 1 week from cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to tell us why you are unable to return the card.
When returning the work pass card, do not:
- Deface, cut up or punch holes into it.
- Glue or tape multiple cards together.