If you hold an EntrePass, you can start applying to renew the pass 3 months before it expires. You will need to meet the renewal criteria for total business spending and number of local jobs created.
Pass holders are not subject to a vaccination requirement
to be considered for a pass renewal. However, they are encouraged to be vaccinated to protect themselves against the disease and minimise the risk of transmission.
Enterprise Singapore, who works with MOM to evaluate EntrePass applications, may contact EntrePass holders periodically for engagement and audit purposes.
At a glance
When to renew
You can start applying to renew when you receive the renewal form, about 3 months before the pass expires.
You need to submit the completed application and supporting documents to us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
Who can renew
What is the duration of the renewed pass
The duration of the pass is as follows:
- First renewal: 1 year
- Subsequent renewals: 2 years
How much it costs
How long it takes
Within 8 weeks for most cases.
You may be eligible to renew your pass if your company is registered with ACRA as a private limited company, and you:
- Own at least 30% shareholding of the company.
- Can provide proof of ongoing business activity.
- Can provide proof that the business is venture-backed or owns innovative technologies.
- Have created an individual profile and claimed your company profile on Startup SG Network (SSN)
- Achieve business spending and create local employment as shown in the table below:
PMEs refer to professionals, managers and executives who are:
|Number of years holding an EntrePass
||Your total annual business spending must be at least
||Minimum number of local PMEs (or equivalents) to be employed
||Qualifying salary for a PME
- Singaporeans or Permanent Residents
- Earn a monthly salary of at least the corresponding PME qualifying salary indicated in the table above
- Receive CPF contributions for at least 3 months.
LQS refer to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who earn a monthly salary of at least $1,400, and receive CPF contributions for at least 3 months. When calculating equivalents, 3 LQS is equivalent to 1 PME.
A maximum of 12 LQS may contribute to the above criteria. For example, an EntrePass holder may meet the 6th (Year 10) renewal criteria of hiring 5 PMEs (or equivalents) by hiring 12 LQS and 1 PME, but not 15 LQS.
The EntrePass criteria is revised periodically to keep pace with the growth in Singapore’s enterprise ecosystem and talent pool over the years, to ensure that the contribution of your business to the local economy remains high.
- You need to inform us if you deviate from your original business plan. You will also need to submit your revised business plan when renewing your pass.
- Total business spending is calculated by deducting the following from the total operating expenses:
- Expenses due to purchase of royalties, franchise and technical know-how fees from overseas companies.
- Expenses due to outsourcing of work overseas.
- Total remuneration to company’s EntrePass holders.
How to renew
You can submit your scanned EntrePass renewal form and the related supporting documents using the online form.
You need to submit the following documents with your application:
- Company registration information from ACRA within the last 3 months.
- Latest audited Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet statements (optional for first EntrePass renewal if not available).
- Central Provident Fund statements for your employees (optional for first EntrePass renewal if not available).
- Corporate bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Travel document page showing your personal particulars.
- Screenshot of company profile on SSN.
- Records of contribution to the local startup ecosystem (if any).
- Documents on company’s business activities (at least 1 of the following):
- Referral letters from customers.
- Recent invoices issued.
- Contracts awarded.
- Business partnership agreements.
- Tenancy agreements.
- Revised business plan (required if the nature of business or business activities have changed since your previous EntrePass application or renewal).
If your renewal is successful, you:
- Will get an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. It is valid for 3 months.
- Must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.
You must get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. Otherwise, an overstaying fine will be imposed.The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
After the pass is issued
After the pass is issued, check the notification letter to see:
|If the notification letter states
||The existing card
|Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by you.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.
|Getting a new card.
||Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.