Skip to main content

Documents required for Employment Pass

You need to upload documents (e.g. candidate’s passport page showing personal particulars) when submitting an Employment Pass application.

Documents required

  • Personal particulars page of candidate’s passport.

    If the candidate’s name on the passport differs from that on their other documents, please also upload an explanation letter and supporting documents (e.g. deed poll).
  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.

If an educational qualification declared in the application is from an institution not found in the application form's drop-down list, you need to upload the following additional documents:

Post-secondary diploma and above qualifications from  Documents required
  • Education certificate
  • Verification proof from a background screening company 
  • Transcripts or marksheets for all semesters stating the college attended
 All other countries

We may ask for other documents when we review the application. For example, documents to prove that salary declared will be paid.

For non-English documents, you must upload the original document together with an English translation as 1 file. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.

Changes to verification requirement

With the implementation of COMPASS, all post-secondary diploma and above qualifications declared will have to be supported with a verification proof. This requirement will apply to new EP applications from 1 September 2023, and renewals from 1 September 2024.

Verification is mandatory so long as the qualification is declared in the EP application. Employers who require points from these qualifications to pass COMPASS have to declare them in their EP application. Employers who do not require these points are not required to declare these qualifications.

More details on the verification requirement will be announced closer to the implementation date. Employers can reach out to the background screening companies on our website for details on the third-party verification process.

Verification proof requirements

Employers are responsible for ensuring that their candidates’ qualifications are authentic and were awarded by accredited institutions.

If you’re asked for a verification proof, it must meet these requirements.

Educational certificates certified by a notary public and school letters are not accepted as a form of verification proof.

You need to upload additional documents for the following:

For healthcare professionals, lawyers, football players or coachesShow

You need supporting documents from the respective professional bodies:

Occupation Professional body
Dentist Singapore Dental Council
Diagnostic radiographer Allied Health Professions Council
Doctor Singapore Medical Council
Emergency medical technician Unit for Prehospital Emergency Care
Football player or coach Sport Singapore
Lawyer Legal Services Regulatory Authority
Nurse Singapore Nursing Board
Occupational therapist Allied Health Professions Council
Paramedic Unit for Prehospital Emergency Care
Pharmacist Singapore Pharmacy Council
Physiotherapist Allied Health Professions Council
Radiation therapist Allied Health Professions Council
Speech therapist Allied Health Professions Council
TCM practitioner Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board

For employees in a food establishmentShow

A copy of the online page that can be accessed when you scan the QR code on the foodshop licence issued by Singapore Food Agency (SFA). The page should indicate your foodshop license validity period.

If you have a new establishment and don't have the licence yet, you can submit a copy of the “Application for Foodshop Licence” letter issued to you by SFA.